Congressional Compromise

The budget deal Senator Murray (D-WA) and Representative Ryan (R-WI) have crafted will reduce sequestration effects by 37% and allow agencies to determine how to implement the remaining 63%. The new policies are evenly split between fees and spending cuts and keep government running through fall 2015. The overall $45 billion rise in government spending in FY14 should boost GDP by 0.275%, which sure beats austerity. Finally, Congress breaking good!

Share This Post
Facebook Twitter Email

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.