Jan
31

Consumption Driven GDP

While 3.2% GDP growth in Q4 is excellent it was driven entirely by consumption which makes up 70% of GDP. The other 30% of the economy fared poorly in Q4 essentially stagnating (a puny 0.2% annualized growth rate). So while the consumer enjoyed its fastest growth rate since Q1 ‘06, the rest of the economy posted its softest showing since Q1 ‘09. Comm const, inventories and capital spending all hurt Q4 GDP.

Share This Post
Facebook Twitter Email

Speak Your Mind

*